NeXT Hardware: WANTED

  • n_marshall_uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14, 2000
      If you're in the UK and selling NeXT Hardware, software or Manuals, please email me with details.<br>Did NeXT ever have a magazine devoted to it?
    • fisaac.rm
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2000
        Hi,<br><br>The only company I have found that has
        a decent amount of NeXT stuff available is
        blackhole. They are based in Denver (I think) and their web
        page with lots of NeXT goodiis is
        (including versions for Intel, Sparc and HP).<br><br>They
        have a US shipping rate of $65 anywhere in the US. But
        if you look for a freight forwarder in Miami you can
        normally get decent rates for shipping globally door to
        door. So the $65 to get to Miami plus the shipping
        Miami to Englend. To give you an idea when I was in
        Ecuador blockhole (via DHL) quoted me $765 shipping to
        Ecuador on a $700 piece of hardware. But the route via
        Miami came to $190 including the $65 internal fee. If
        you have a friend in New York or that area and they
        will help they can probably send it cargo which would
        probably come out to about $100 I should
        imagine.<br><br>Of course all of this does not help with you looking
        for a seller in England. I never found one there.
        There is a german (I think) company called bifrost
        (<a href=http://www.bifrost.com target=new>http://www.bifrost.com</a>) that might get you NeXT hardware, but if not they
        can definitely get you a PC with NeXTSTEP or OPENSTEP
        installed. This is a bit nearer to home for you and may come
        out cheaper for the software. Of course blackhole
        sells the Intel NeXTSTEP operating system and developer
        kits for about $250 (again I am not sure, although
        academic is much cheaper if you are a student). Then you
        have the CDs and could put together a clone type PC.
        But check out bifrost, I have never contacted them so
        I do not know what deals they are
        offering.<br><br>Hope this has been of some help to
      • n_marshall_uk
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16, 2000
          Thanks bifrost's site is currently giving an
          error 312, but i'll check back later.<br>The high cost
          of shipping is exactly why i'm looking for a
          supplier in the UK (although germany is close
          enough!)<br>Thanks for the help.
        • fisaac.rm
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2000
            Sorry,<br><br>In a previous communication I
            incorrectly gave the bifrost url as www.bifrost.com whereas
            it should have been
            312 <br><br>Sorry about
          • Breztech
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2001
              Just to get things started... Do you own a NeXT
              computer, what kind, how long have you owned it, what do
              you do with it, any good links?<br><br>1. I own a
              NeXTSTation Color Turbo w/OpenStep 4.2<br>[68040/33mhz, 32mb
              ram and 426 HD, Color 17" Sony NeXT monitor.]<br>2. I
              have owned mine for almost two years now.<br>3. I am
              trying to get it hooked up to the internet right now
              using OmniWeb 3.1 web browser.<br>4. Cool link: TjL's
              NeXTStep/OpenStep Site <a href=http://www.peak.org/~luomat/ target=new>http://www.peak.org/~luomat/</a>