Thanks, Mr. Moderator!

  • Alex Vukasin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
      I'm flattered to have my Jupiter picture gracing the home page of this
      group! Thanks a bunch. This was shot using a Celestron Ultima 9.25
      with a Celestron Ultima 2x barlow. I believe it was around 600 frames
      stacked using Registax3.

      Thanks again!
      Alex Vukasin
    • robertfields
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
        Your photo is very good.
        You really captured the GRS well.
        Keep sending in the images.
        I have a similar set up, but am using the 9.25 Nexstar GPS...I just
        love these 9.25s
        Bob
        --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Vukasin" <dotx2000@y...> wrote:
        > I'm flattered to have my Jupiter picture gracing the home page of
        this
        > group! Thanks a bunch. >
        > Thanks again!
        > Alex Vukasin
      • star2_watch
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
          Alex, if you don't mind my asking, what was your shutter speed for the
          image? 1/75 second? I assume your gain was set as low as possible.
          Just wondering because I can never seem to get the detail that I see
          on images posted here. The color bands are no problem, but I can't
          seem to zero in on the GRS or any of the finer details...but then I
          have yet to use a barlow...is that necessary?

          --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Vukasin" <dotx2000@y...> wrote:
          > I'm flattered to have my Jupiter picture gracing the home page of this
          > group! Thanks a bunch. This was shot using a Celestron Ultima 9.25
          > with a Celestron Ultima 2x barlow. I believe it was around 600 frames
          > stacked using Registax3.
          >
          > Thanks again!
          > Alex Vukasin
        • Alex Vukasin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
            I don't mind you asking.....I just wish I took some notes :-). I don't
            remember what all the settings were when I took that shot. It was
            actually only the second Jupiter shot I've ever done. Damn lucky if ya
            ask me ;-)

            Part of the reason I haven't paid much attention to settings changes is
            that often, when I make changes, the differences don't appear on my
            laptop screen. In fact, many times I've seen some strange occurences -
            for instance, when increasing the brightness level, the object dimmed
            noticeably. Has anyone else experienced this?

            As far as the barlow, you should be able to get plenty of detail witout
            one, but with the barlow, you'll get the magnification to produce a
            good sized image.

            Alex