Re: NexImage newbie - returning to the hobby

  • crowrobot1970
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2012
      I am no expert, but...

      The reducer lens will only help you with the sun or moon, for the most part, as it basically acts like a reverse barlow. I read somewhere the camera acts as 5 mm eyepiece (very narrow field of view) so the reducer more or less makes it a 10 mm. Wider field, less magnification.

      I do just fine using AmCap and Registax on Windows 7. A drawback - if and when you decide to perform the RAW mod (makes for excellent images of Jupiter, Mars, and Saturn but not so good for the sun, moon, or Venus) you cannot perform the mod or toggle back and forth between RAW mod and regular, compressed-data camera using Windows 7. The RAW mod MUST be done in XP or earlier. Huge pain is the a** for me - I keep an old laptop just with the RAW mod macros on it that runs XP.

      Stay away from the diagonal if you can.

      Carp