Re: PHD guide and NexImage

  • imontam
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hi,
      Our setups are similar, but the equipment different. I do the imaging with an SC8 and a Canon DSLR, and guide with the Neximage in an Orion 80mm Short-Tube (the Short-Tube cost about S100 CD). Before deciding on the Orion for guiding, I did several tests trying to use some old 50mm guidescopes and eventually abandonned the idea. The FOV was small, I had to modify it to insert the Neximage, and I "think" focus might have been a problem... or at least a somewhat touchy thing. But difficulty in acquiring a guide star made rings necessary; so if I was to buy rings I figured I might as well get an 80mm and a larger FOV. That has worked out fine.

      Bye, Monti.