Hi guys new Member

  • bob44pam
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 21, 2011
      Just ordered a nextimage and just wanted some info.I use a Edge 9.25.Great optics by the way.I read where the Nextimage is suppose to be like 5mm Ep's.Won't that be to high.I use a 10.5 pentax and its about the most I can use visually.Also I use a Toshiba Vista 32 bit laptop dual core 2.2 Gigs.Will NI work well with it.Thanks for any help and glab to find this site.BOB
    • William
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
        The NexImage has a field of view similar to that of a 5 mm eyepiece, but it doesn't magnify like a 5 mm eyepiece. The NexImage doesn't have a focal length. There is no magnification. It can be difficult to center the image of a planet on the relatively small image sensor. Get the planet centered in a high power eyepiece before you put on the NexImage. It can be difficult to focus because each time you touch the focuser the telescope jiggles. An electric focuser helps with this. You also don't have to jump up from the laptop to tweak the focus.

        Bud

        --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "bob44pam" <robert.hart@...> wrote:

        > Just ordered a nextimage and just wanted some info.I use a Edge 9.25.Great optics by the way.I read where the Nextimage is suppose to be like 5mm Ep's.Won't that be to high.I use a 10.5 pentax and its about the most I can use visually.Also I use a Toshiba Vista 32 bit laptop dual core 2.2 Gigs.Will NI work well with it.Thanks for any help and glab to find this site.BOB

      • bob
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
          Thanks Bud that explains it.Any tips on settings for 1st time would be apprciated.THANKS BOB
          The NexImage has a field of view similar to that of a 5 mm eyepiece, but it doesn't magnify like a 5 mm eyepiece. The NexImage doesn't have a focal length. There is no magnification. It can be difficult to center the image of a planet on the relatively small image sensor. Get the planet centered in a high power eyepiece before you put on the NexImage. It can be difficult to focus because each time you touch the focuser the telescope jiggles. An electric focuser helps with this. You also don't have to jump up from the laptop to tweak the focus.

          Bud

          --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "bob44pam" <robert.hart@...> wrote:

          > Just ordered a nextimage and just wanted some info.I use a Edge 9.25.Great optics by the way.I read where the Nextimage is suppose to be like 5mm Ep's.Won't that be to high.I use a 10.5 pentax and its about the most I can use visually.Also I use a Toshiba Vista 32 bit laptop dual core 2.2 Gigs.Will NI work well with it.Thanks for any help and glab to find this site.BOB

        • William Hamblen
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2011
            Just follow the suggestions in the instruction manual.  Don't overexpose.  Jupiter is getting too low to shoot, but Saturn is good after midnight.  The Moon would be the best place to begin.

            Bud