Dust on CCD chip

  • Roger
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2010
      Is it advisable to use compressed air (in can0 to blow off dust particles on my Neximage camera ?
    • imontam
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2010
        Hi,
        That should pose no problem. I blow air regularly on my Neximage chip (actually the protecting glass covering the chip) with an air blower... the pear shaped type that is hand squeezed. At the same time, I clean the glass surface with a dry Q-tip. I do it as soon as I start seeing black specks when using a 2X barlow (with my SC8, the specks never show up when the NI is used without a barlow). Since the specks can be a nuisance during processing, I will often clean the protecting glass before a "barow" session, as a precautionay measure.

        Monti.