Meade DSI Pro II

  • professorhoza
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      Anyone use the Meade Deep Sky Imager Pro II, Monochrome CCD Camera with
      Autostar Suite Software? If so will it work with Celestron Nexstar
      8SE? Also any comparison with the Neximage that might be helpful.
      Thanks,
      Newbie
    • number6uk2002
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
        Hi,
        I have a DSI Pro II. The simple answer is no, you cannot use the Autostar software with the
        Nexstar telescopes. This does make installing alot easier. Basically you can plug the
        camera in and just use the CD to load the drivers. Download the latest version of Envisage
        from the Meade website and your ready to go.
        The only thing you really miss out on is the new dizzle function, by not using a Meade
        Autostar compatible scope. A nice function, but you can do the same just have to do it
        manually.

        Neil.