Re: [neximage] Parts identification

  • William Hamblen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 6:36 PM
      Paul Ashley wrote:
      > I need to collimate my NexStar 130SLT. I will be using an Orion
      > LaserMate. My first task is to adjust the secondary mirror. I have
      > attached a photograph. Which screws are adjusted to change the position
      > of the laser spot on the primary mirror target spot? The instructions
      > for the telescope do not indicate which screws and which direction. The
      > 4 big nuts on the out side seem to be a natural for adjusting. But the
      > screws in the center of the web look like they would change the angle of
      > the diagonal. There seems to be only 7 or 8 screws, so I can't screw it
      > up too bad, right? I think I will wait for some instructions.

      The three recessed setscrews on the front of the secondary mirror holder
      should adjust the tilt of the secondary. Very little adjustment will be
      needed. I'd leave the others alone.

      Bud
    • Paul Ashley
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 9:47 PM
        Thanks for the info. I found the set screws deep in a recess. They would
        not turn without twisting the spider. I had to remove the spider to get a
        grip good enough to move the set screws. They adjusted well after assembly.

        Thanks
        Paul