Registax V2 vs. V3

  • Wade Mostoller
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hello All,

      After doing a little poking around on the net I found a newer version
      of Registax than what was supplied on the CD that came with my
      NexImage.

      I found it at: http://registax.astronomy.net/

      It seems to be already at V 3.0.1.23

      Now the question......has anyone found this besides me and is anyone
      already using it with any proven benefits?

      It seems that the improved image-quality estimator would be worth the
      time to install and try out this new version alone!

      Feedback always welcome!

      Clear Skies for EVERYONE,

      Wade_M
      Member of http://www.rivastro.org
      34° 17' 28" N, 116° 23' 01" W
      Elevation: 2960'
    • jstrnck
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        ---thx for the tip- id like to give it a try next time i use it,
        while keeping the old version and make a comparison

        In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Wade Mostoller" <toucan@m...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > After doing a little poking around on the net I found a newer
        version
        > of Registax than what was supplied on the CD that came with my
        > NexImage.
        >
        > I found it at: http://registax.astronomy.net/
        >
        > It seems to be already at V 3.0.1.23
        >
        > Now the question......has anyone found this besides me and is
        anyone
        > already using it with any proven benefits?
        >
        > It seems that the improved image-quality estimator would be worth
        the
        > time to install and try out this new version alone!
        >
        > Feedback always welcome!
        >
        > Clear Skies for EVERYONE,
        >
        > Wade_M
        > Member of http://www.rivastro.org
        > 34° 17' 28" N, 116° 23' 01" W
        > Elevation: 2960'
      • cor & aylin
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Hi Wade,

          Well over 10000 people have been downloading the new version before you
          ... And although there are still
          issues with V3 its considered by most people a good upgrade.

          cheers

          Cor