Re: [neximage] Re: Problem with Camera and SLT 102

  • William Hamblen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1 6:31 AM
      The SP-C102 has lots of focuser travel and no extension is
      needed. You can buy an extension or make one from that
      traditional ATM part, the 1-1/4" chrome plated brass sink drain
      extension.

      Bud

      On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, briankushner wrote:

      > Hey Bud are you using with the diagonal or without? I finally did get
      > it to work somewhat using that the extension tube.
      >
      > --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, William Hamblen <wrhamblen@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I plugged mine into an old Celestron SP-C102 without any
      >> trouble. When you can't focus it is because you are running out
      >> of focuser travel, either in or out. Which is it? If you run
      >> out of out movement you always can add an extension tube. If
      >> you run out of in movement you are out of luck unless you can
      >> shorten the optical path somehow.
      >>
      >> Bud
      >>
      >> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, briankushner wrote:
      >>
      >>> I am trying to use the Neximage camera with a Celestron SLT 102
      >>> refractor and I cannot get the moon or anything else for that matter
      >>> to focus.
      >>>
      >>> I last used this camera on my 8" Dob with no problem.
      >>>
      >>> Any suggestions?
      >>>
      >>> Thanks
      >>>
      >>> Brian
      >>>

      >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
      >>>

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jeff Donaldson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2 5:36 PM
        I am using the neximager and the same SLT102 and a 2x barlow and a WO 1.25" Diag and I have no travel issues.  If your using 2 stacked barlows then I can see it running out of focus room, I dunno about 3x and 5x barlows.  Anyone care to comment?

        http://mail.yahoo.com