Re: NexImage - wrong size adapter tube?

  • George Bailey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      Roy -

      I do not have this problem, but I found the following info searching
      thru the past posts:

      --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Vukasin" <dotx2000@y...> wrote:

      > Just got off the phone with Celestron - the tech mentioned that the
      > earlier models had an issue with the tube being a bit small with
      more
      > play than they liked. They changed it to a bit larger. He's going
      > to send me the tube .....

      Sounds like a call to Celestron Tech Support is in order!

      - George

      PS This is the SECOND time I've sent this - the first one never
      appeared in on the web page (???) - I don't get the e-mails, so sorry
      for any repeat.

      --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "roy_hinkley1158" <roy_hinkley@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > When I tried to use my Neximage, I found the nose that goes into
      the
      > focuser or powermate is too loose - so it wobbles.
      >
      > I measured it at 1.22" in diameter.
      >
      > Have other people had this problem, and if so, what do you do?

    • roy_hinkley1158
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
        --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "George Bailey" <iais604@...> wrote:

        > Roy -
        >
        > I do not have this problem, but I found the following info
        searching
        > thru the past posts:
        >
        > --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Vukasin" <dotx2000@y...>
        wrote:

        > > Just got off the phone with Celestron - the tech mentioned that
        the
        > > earlier models had an issue with the tube being a bit small with
        > more
        > > play than they liked. They changed it to a bit larger. He's going
        > > to send me the tube .....
        >
        > Sounds like a call to Celestron Tech Support is in order!
        >
        > - George
        >
        > PS This is the SECOND time I've sent this - the first one never
        > appeared in on the web page (???) - I don't get the e-mails, so
        sorry
        > for any repeat.

        Thanks for the reply.

        I find sometimes Yahoo groups messages get lost or take a long cut.
      • roy_hinkley1158
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2006
          As a follow up, I contacted Celestron about my skinny adapter tube, and
          they sent me a new one that's 1.251" in diameter. That's a hair wide,
          but it should work fine.

          No hassle. I emailed a description of the problem, they sent a reply
          saying "we're looking into it", and then a follow up saying "We'll send
          a new adapter if you send us your address." All within one business
          day.

          They deserve a pat on the back for handling it properly.