Re: NexImage

  • Tullio Foti
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2006
      Hi Jim,
      Sometimes I have encountered problem with AMCap especially trying to
      use RGB24 capture format (but without any error message), so I have
      stopped to use it.
      Now I use VirtualDub 1.6.11 for both capture and I420 -> RGB24
      conversion.
      It is freeware, powerfull and reliable, you can download it from
      http://www.virtualdub.org/index

      You can easily extract single frame to clipboard or to image file.
      To start the capture go to the menu File / Capture AVI...
      Then (in capture mode)
      To configure the capture format go to the menu Video / Capture pin...
      Normally I apply 5 fps, 640 x 480, I420
      To configure the webcam go to the menu Video / Capture filter...
      P for preview (live), H for histogram (live)
      Remember to disable Audio capture from menu Audio.

      Bye
      Tullio

      --- In neximage@yahoogroups.com, "Jim & Donna Opalek" <opalekj@...>
      wrote:

      > He Everyone,
      > I installed the Celestron Neximage camera on my old Compaq Presario
      Laptop (Win 98 SE) today and I am seeing the following error whenever
      I try to select Still capture in
      AMCap: "CreateGrabber:CoCreateinstance failed, hr=80040154". I'm
      just wondering if anyone else has encountered this and know how to
      get around it, or if you might point me to another program that
      captures .avi files while still allowing still captures.