NewsML afp contribution update

  • Laurent LE MEUR
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      I uploaded an updated version of the NewsML<afp> working draft in the
      NewsML vault (see Files / NewsML(afp) folder) ; the main
      modifications are described in the "history" paragraph.

      Remainder : this contribution isn't intended to stand "in front" of
      Reuters proposal, nor adds brand new stuff, but tries to be
      a "gentleman agreement" plateform, easy to understand and quick to
      implement for a NewsML V1.0 target.

      The only new metaphor is the ContentBlock, that is not "news", but
      factual information set. A ContentBlock is always used wrapped inside
      a NewsElement, that adds "news" (contextual) information to "real
      content" (NewsContainer and NewsDocument, both also prefixed by the
      word "news", have the same purpose, respectively adding hierarchy and
      publication information to the content).

      Note : the powerpoint document isn't totally in-sync with the
      proposal now, and I didn't have time to make a summary draft, sorry.

      Laurent LE MEUR
      AFP