Re: fail to load the example files in harddisk

  • maklaifong@hongkong.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      David,
      I've follow your steps and it works. But I still have a question. At
      the first try, I've downloaded the DTD, xsl, topicsets from the
      location stated in the page http://www.iptc.org/whatisnewsml.htm.
      They don't work with the examples. I can get it work only when I
      download the DTD, xsl and topicsets under the examples' directory.
      Why and how are they different? I want to know these answers because
      I want to have my project conform to the iptc standard based on the
      examples. Many thanks!

      best wishes,
      Abby

      --- In newsml@y..., David Allen <ho73@d...> wrote:
      > Abby
      > Without knowing the configuration you have it is possible you do not
      > have the November 2000 msxml3.dll that fully implements XSLT
      including
      > the document() function. This is not the default with IE 5.5 and
      can be
      > downloaded from the MS site. The Catalog file points to Topicsets
      on the
      > IPTC web site and needs this function to work. If all else fails
      you can
      > copy all the relevant files onto your local drive and provided the
      paths
      > are OK it should work.
      > David Allen
      >
      > maklaifong@h... wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I'm a student doing a project in Newsml. I've downloaded the first
      > > example to my harddisk. After I've changed the reference links to
      > > absolute links, I still fail to load it from my harddisk by the
      IE 5.
      > > It seems that it can load part of the newsml page. It fail to load
      > > the page after showing the "Usable". It shows the following error
      > > messages:
      > > ---------------------Begin of the error message-------------------
      -

      > > The XML page cannot be displayed
      > > Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the
      error
      > > and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

      ----
      > > ----------
      > >
      > > The system cannot locate the object specified.
      > >

      > > NewsML
      > > Catalog
      > > External Vocabulary
      > > Envelope Date/Time=20001006
      > > NewsItem
      > > NewsIdentifier=urn:newsml:iptc.org:20001006:SportsResultSample:1
      > > News
      > > FirstCreated=20001006
      > > ThisRevisionCreated=20001006
      > > Usable
      > >
      > > ---------------------------end of the error message--------------
      > >
      > > Can anyone help me? Really thanks!
      > >
      > > best wishes,
      > > Abby

      > --
      > International Press Telecommunications Council
      > Working to improve the efficiency of News exchange.
      > Visit our Web Site at http://www.iptc.org
    • David Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2001
        Abby
        I don't know. They are the same files. perhaps it is the directory locations.

        David Allen