NewsComponent for heirarchical structure

  • alexandergas
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2012
      Hello,

      I have to implement bulletin issues in NewsML 1.2. Each issue consists of hierarchy of sections and articles. Articles and subsections may be placed in same level of hierarchy, for example:
      section1 {
      article1
      article2
      subsection1 {...}
      }
      I intended using NewsComponent element. But xsd scheme doesn`t permits different types of news object on the same level, doesn't it? For example:
      <NewsComponent>
      <ContentItem>...</ContentItem>
      <ContentItem>...</ContentItem>
      <NewsComponent>...</NewsComponent>
      </NewsComponent>

      How can I implement issue's hierarchy?

      Thank you!
    • Takahiro Fujiwara
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2012
        Hi   alexandergas,

        The usage of ContentItem is not for your purpose.
        You can write all with NewsComponent to describe hierarchy.

        <NewsComponent>
        <NewsComponent>
        <Role FormalName="Section"/>
        <NewsComponent>
        <Role FormalName="Article"/>
        <ContentItem>......</ContentItem>
        </NewsComponent>....end of article
        <NewsComponent>
        <Role FormalName="Article"/>
        <ContentItem>......</ContentItem>
        </NewsComponent>...end of article
        </NewsComponent>...end of sectoin
        </NewsComponent>...end of top level

        Regards,
        Takahiro Fujiwara
        former Vice Chair of NewsML1 Working Party, IPTC