Hello folks - Pat Beechinor here and thank you for allowing me

  • Pat Beechinor
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2005
      to join the group. I'm news director of a small
      Calgary-Canada based media relations firm and we've
      been having a heck of a time trying to find a simple
      and effective NewsML editing program...

      We've tried a coiple which seemed okay - except one os
      in Chinese, the other in French and - nope, their
      authors don;t have any English verions whatsoever...

      Anyone have any leads, feedback or ideas?

      Pat

      www.mercurymedia.ca

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Music Unlimited
      http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
    • Laurent Le Meur
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2005
        Hi Pat, don't you like working in French? ;-)

        Note: isn't the KaliNews software translated in English?

        Laurent Le Meur
        AFP

        This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.

        For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com

      • Patrick Peccatte
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2005
          Hi Pat & Laurent,

          Kalinews user interface exists in English, but help files are only
          in French for now, sorry.
          However, I hope the software is not too difficult to learn and you
          can ask me any question about it and I'll answer to you as soon as
          possible...
          --
          Patrick Peccatte
          www.softexperience.com

          -- In newsml@yahoogroups.com, "Laurent Le Meur"
          <laurent.lemeur@a...> wrote:

          > Hi Pat, don't you like working in French? ;-)
          >
          > Note: isn't the KaliNews software translated in English?
          >
          > Laurent Le Meur
          > AFP

        • Pat Beechinor
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2005
            --- Laurent Le Meur <laurent.lemeur@...> wrote:

            > Hi Pat, don't you like working in French? ;-)
            >
            > Note: isn't the KaliNews software translated in
            > English?
            >
            > Laurent Le Meur
            > AFP

            excellent and translated - however the .pdf
            instructions (in one case 30 pages) is not...we like
            the product a lot and I have a French Canadien
            colleague of mine - Dominic Sicotte www.roadshows.tv
            who I asked about manual translation and he said that
            is very expensive.

            If Kali has EWnglish instructions, it's the product
            we'd love to use.

            Pat

            0-

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Pat Beechinor
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2005
              --- Patrick Peccatte <patrick@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Pat & Laurent,
              >
              > Kalinews user interface exists in English, but help
              > files are only
              > in French for now, sorry.
              > However, I hope the software is not too difficult to
              > learn and you
              > can ask me any question about it and I'll answer to
              > you as soon as
              > possible...
              > --
              > Patrick Peccatte
              > www.softexperience.com
              >
              > -- In newsml@yahoogroups.com, "Laurent Le Meur"
              > <laurent.lemeur@a...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Pat, don't you like working in French? ;-)
              > >
              > > Note: isn't the KaliNews software translated in
              > English?
              > >
              > > Laurent Le Meur
              > > AFP

              I am actually Darren Ziebart's partner with
              TheNewswire.ca and although we have a French Canadian
              associate - Dominic Sicotte in Montreal - here in
              Calgary none of us dumb Anglos are very good at
              French.

              What we've seen from the Kali software is the best
              available (in our opinion) on the market. And the
              price is ideal for a small organization like ours.

              There definitely is a big market (we believe) for the
              software in North America - and it would be
              adventageous for you to have the instructions
              translated, since the software already does work in
              English for the user.

              In the meantime, I will have our IT director - Darren
              - as specific questions and I will relay them to you.

              Thanks Pat for getting back to me - and we'll speak
              again soon.

              Pat Beechinor

              -0

              http://mail.yahoo.com