New features for NewsML 2.0

  • klwong@cintec.cuhk.edu.hk
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2005
      Hi all,

      I would like to ask the new features of the coming NewsML.
      What's the difference with the NewsML currently used?

      Thanks a lot.

      --
      Wong Kam-Lai
      Project Engineer
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2005
        Hi Wong Kam-Lai, ( I understand not Prof.)

        Do  you know that the 2nd News Standard Summit will be held on 24 May 2005?
        It will be held at Amsterdam.  I will go there.  I think it is good to you and your colleague will come to this event.

        In the program, Laurent will give a presentation of future News Architecture including NewsML2.0.  So you can get the information what you want and more information/discussion about news standard.

        09:30 - 10:00NewsMLand future News Architecture: Laurent Le Meur, Technical Manager of Multimedia Development, AFP; IPTC News Architecture WP Chair

        BTW, do you have a information about next Chinese NewsML Community Symposium?

        Takahiro Fujiwara
        EAST Co., Ltd. Japan.
        IPTC Member

        I would like to ask the new features of the coming NewsML.
        What's the difference with the NewsML currently used?

        Thanks a lot.

        --
        Wong Kam-Lai
        Project Engineer
        Center of Innovation and Technology
        Faculty of Engineering
        The Chinese University of Hong Kong
        (852)-26098219

        Find more on NewsML at
        http://www.newsml.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • klwong@cintec.cuhk.edu.hk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2005
          Hi Takahiro FUJIWARA,

          Yes, I'm not Prof. :).
          Thanks for your information. However, I won't go to Amsterdam at this
          moment. If there is any related documents, I'm appreciated.

          Chinese NewsML related conference will be held in Taiwan next week, we
          will also have a presentation in this conference. For details, please
          contact Prof. Chuang, Tao-Ming (tmchuang@.....edu.tw).

          --
          Wong Kam-Lai
          Project Engineer
          Center of Innovation and Technology
          Faculty of Engineering
          The Chinese University of Hong Kong
          (852)-26098219
        • Laurent Le Meur
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2005

            Hi,

            NewsML2 and a whole new generation of IPTC standards are under active discussion currently, amongst IPTC members. We call it the News Architecture (NAR).

            NewsML2 business requirements are available at

            http://www.newsml.org/pages/intro_newsml2.php

            The business requirements of a future IPTC standard relative to events handling are available at:

             http://www.iptc.org/EventsML/

            A first public draft of business requirements for a News Metadata Framework is available at

            http://iptc.org/pdl.php?fn=DRAFT-NAR_1.0-spec-NMDF-BusinessRequ_26.pdf

            These business requirements already give complete information about “what these standards will do”. You’ll see that the features found in NewsML will be kept in the new generation. This new generation will be easier to implement because we use 5 years of experience on the current generation, and because we make use of new xml technologies like namespaces and xml schema support. And the news generation will handle metadata in a more powerful way.

            The conceptual model associated with the News Architecture will be made public some time after the next IPTC meeting (June 2005). From this model, the IPTC Working Groups will implement the new generation of standards in less than a year.

            Regards

            Laurent Le Meur

            I would like to ask the new features of the coming NewsML.
            What's the difference with the NewsML currently used?

            Thanks a lot.

            --
            Wong Kam-Lai
            Project Engineer
            Center of Innovation and Technology
            Faculty of Engineering
            The Chinese University of Hong Kong
            (852)-26098219

            Find more on NewsML at http://www.newsml.org

            This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individ ual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sende r and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distr ibute or copy this email.

            For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com