XML formatting and audio content.

  • Bryar Family
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2005
      Sorry for the cross posts, but we've encountered a small hiccup in a digital
      content storage project I need resolved ASAP.
      Does anyone receive XML tagged AUDIO content from 3rd party sources?
      We are particularly interested in digital (mp3? WMA?) content accompanied by
      NEWSML-style or "ATOM" subject and content tags. (or in some other XML
      format)

      We simply want a head-start in categorizing audio content for rapid access.

      Does anyone receive audio feeds from news sources (CNN, ABC News, AP-Radio,
      etc) structured in this way?
      Is there any third party aggregator marking up audio content in near-real
      time?

      !! Would anyone besides my client LIKE audio content delivered in this kind
      of format? !!

      Please send responses off line. I'll be delighted to summarize and
      re-circulate what I learn.

      Jack Bryar
      IGNYT Consulting Group
      PO Box 126 Grafton VT

      b r y a r @ v e r m o n t e l . n e t
    • Brendan Quinn
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
        Have you looked at rss-media? It's a project run by Yahoo! So they can
        get lots of audio and video content in their search engine. Not quite
        what you're after but it might be a start, and there would probably be
        some crossover with your target audience...

        Brendan.
        --
        Brendan Quinn | Technical Architect | bbc.co.uk
        Broadcast Centre BC5 B6, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane London W12 7TP

        http://www.bbc.co.uk/

        stated.
        BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
      • Laurent Le Meur
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005

          Media-RSS is an interesting initiative but not fully finished. Some useful characteristics of media content are missing (see below) or their definition is not detailed sufficiently (e.g. <media:text> (repeatable or not? Difficult to know. What are the allowed values for isDefault?) and the model is not really flexible (e.g. <media:text> does not support a language attribute).

          The IPTC has also worked on audio, and agreed on a set of audio characteristics usable in NewsML (see below a non-normative list. The full list in on the iptc web site). NewsML adds the capability to add administrative (e.g. identification) and descriptive metadata (e.g. audio genre) is a consistent manner with other media, text and photo included. And to syndicate alternative renditions of the audio clip (real + wma + quicktime).

          AFP having no “professional audio PodCasting”, we have no such NewsML audio feed, but we would certainly choose NewsML is such a service was in our plan.

          Laurent Le Meur

          Agence France Presse

          Audio

          AudioCoder

          Name:(en-GB) Audio codec

          AudioCoderVersion

          Name:(en-GB) Audio codec version

          TotalDuration

          Name:(en-GB) Duration

          AverageBitRate

          Name:(en-GB) Bit rate

          Comment : ex : 128.

          SampleSize

          Name:(en-GB) Bits per sample

          Comment : ex : 16, 20, 24.

          SampleRate

          Name:(en-GB) Sample rate

          Comment : ex : 11.025 (telephone) 22.050 (radio), 32.000, 44.100 (CD), 48.000

          AudioChannels

          Name:(en-GB) Audio channels

          Comment : ex : 1, 2, 4

          Have you looked at rss-media? It's a project run by Yahoo! So they can
          get lots of audio and video content in their search engine. Not quite
          what you're after but it might be a start, and there would probably be
          some crossover with your target audience...

          Brendan.
          --
          Brendan Quinn | Technical Architect | bbc.co.uk
          Broadcast Centre BC5 B6, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane London W12 7TP
          Brendan.Quinn@... | +44 (0)20 800 85097 | +44 (0)7900 847 358

          This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individ ual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sende r and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distr ibute or copy this email.

          For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com