NewsML 2 - comments needed

  • Laurent Le Meur
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004

      Dear NewsML users,

      This is the end of the summer, and we are all back to work. Huge work for all of us.

      NewsML 2 requirements draft 14 has been released on July 9th, and still no (few) comments posted on this list.  I know that requirements are not specs, and some of you are waiting for a draft of specifications to enter the discussion; but requirements are the basements on which specs are written. So please read the current draft before it is ratified (at the next IPTC meeting, October, Amsterdam) and send at least a quick message stating that you agree (or not) with it.

      I also opened a discussion around the NewsML 2 conceptual model during the summer (and I will go on in the next days), but received very few comments, no flames, no counter proposition. This is very worrying, as the way we model news items has deep consequences for the next specs. NewsML 2 must be the work of a community, with IPTC members as a core, and the implication of other NewsML users/implementers.

      If NewsML 2 is to leverage its strong points and overcome its weaknesses, your implication in badly needed. I hope that you will find some time to participate to this exciting initiative.

      Best regards

      Laurent Le Meur

      IPTC NewsML WP chair

      Avertissement

      Le présent mail et ses pièces jointes sont confidentiels et destinés au seul usage des personnes ou entités auxquelles ils sont adressés. Si vous avez reçu cet e-mail par erreur, veuillez contacter dans les plus brefs délais son expéditeur et effacer le contenu du message de votre système informatique. Toute divulgation, distribution ou copie de cet e-mail est strictement interdite.

      Disclaimer

      This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.

    • naoki onodera
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        Dear  Mr.Laurent,

        I am sorry for sending comment to you so late.
        Currently our topic that we discussed is about definition of Creator.
        As you read my posted iptc4xmp mailing list, I wonder whether Creator specifies human being only or not.
        As far as I read NewsML 1.2 guideline, Creator specifies individual or organization.
        Actually, the sample written on page 32 is represented people as Creator.
        Fujiwara-san has different the point of view so that I would like to emphasize the definition of Creator obviously.

        Naoki Onodera
        Mainichi Newspapers

        Find more on NewsML at http://www.newsml.org