XML namespace for NewsML 1.1?

  • Thomas Olsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hi Group!

      Is there an XML namespace defined for NewsML 1.1?

      I found a previous post by David Allen regarding this:

      "The following namespaces have been discussed within IPTC and already
      are in use: For NITF: urn:nitf:iptc.org.20010418.NITF and for NewsML:
      urn:newsml:iptc.org:20001006:NewsML

      These are based on the urn structure published for NewsML

      David Allen"

      But I have not been able to find any official info about this. Perhaps
      something like this?

      <NewsML xmlns="urn:newsml:iptc.org:20021018:NewsML"
      xsi:schemaLocation="http://mysite/NewsMLv1.1.1.xsd">

      </NewsML>

      /Thomas

      ---
      Thomas Olsson | mailto:thomas@... | http://www.vinga.se
      <http://www.vinga.se/> Vinga System AB | SNAIL: Forsta Langgatan 30 |
      Ph. +46 31 428270
      Sweden | 413 27 Gothenburg, Sweden | Fax +46 31 428275

    • David Allen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
        Thomas
        We are still waiting for our revised RFC to be approved in IETF. At present
        we have only discussed one namespace for NewsML. There is a version attribute
        that might help in identifying when v1.1 is used.
        David Allen

        Thomas Olsson wrote:

        > Hi Group!
        >
        > Is there an XML namespace defined for NewsML 1.1?
        >
        > I found a previous post by David Allen regarding this:
        >
        > "The following namespaces have been discussed within IPTC and already
        > are in use: For NITF: urn:nitf:iptc.org.20010418.NITF and for NewsML:
        > urn:newsml:iptc.org:20001006:NewsML
        >
        > These are based on the urn structure published for NewsML
        >
        > David Allen"
        >
        > But I have not been able to find any official info about this. Perhaps
        > something like this?
        >
        > <NewsML xmlns="urn:newsml:iptc.org:20021018:NewsML"
        > xsi:schemaLocation="http://mysite/NewsMLv1.1.1.xsd">
        >
        > </NewsML>
        >
        > /Thomas
        >
        > ---
        > Thomas Olsson | mailto:thomas@... | http://www.vinga.se
        > <http://www.vinga.se/> Vinga System AB | SNAIL: Forsta Langgatan 30 |
        > Ph. +46 31 428270
        > Sweden | 413 27 Gothenburg, Sweden | Fax +46 31 428275

        Working to improve the efficiency of News exchange.
        Visit our Web Site at http://www.iptc.org