RE: [newsml-g2] Re: urn guid

  • dave.compton@thomsonreuters.com
    Message 1 of 11 , May 4 3:20 AM
      > You can use any kind of identifier which complies with the requirements
      above, e.g. the NewsML URN (see RFC 3085) or the TAG URN

      fyi, TR (Thomson Reuters) uses Tag URIs for G2 Item GUIDs.

      Tag URI ref:

      Example, for NewsML-G2:
          tag:reuters.com,2010:newsml_TRE628005
      TR builds up the URI as:
          tag:<provider>,<year>:<unique-identifier-for-the-provider>

      Regards
      Dave Compton
      Senior Technologist.
      G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

      Thomson Reuters

      Phone: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
      Mobile: +44 (0) 7990 56 8341