RE: [newsml-g2] Re: urn guid

    Message 1 of 11 , May 3 12:08 AM
      Hi Hamda,

      the NewsML-G2 specification document defines for the guid:

      "A newsItem MUST have a guid attribute, which is a persistent and globally
      unique identifier. The guid is
      required to be in the form of an IRI. Any IRI capable of acting as a
      globally unique identifier is accepted."

      An IRI is the international version of a URI.
      You can use any kind of identifier which complies with the requirements
      above, e.g. the NewsML URN (see RFC 3085) or the TAG URN

      Message 2 of 11 , May 4 3:20 AM
        > You can use any kind of identifier which complies with the requirements
        above, e.g. the NewsML URN (see RFC 3085) or the TAG URN

        fyi, TR (Thomson Reuters) uses Tag URIs for G2 Item GUIDs.

        Tag URI ref:

        Example, for NewsML-G2:
            tag:reuters.com,2010:newsml_TRE628005
        TR builds up the URI as:
            tag:<provider>,<year>:<unique-identifier-for-the-provider>

        Regards
        Dave Compton
        Senior Technologist.
        G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

        Thomson Reuters

        Phone: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
        Mobile: +44 (0) 7990 56 8341

        wrote:

        Hi Hamda

        > As the name tells the "itemMeta" elements relate to
        the news item as a
        > whole. Thus you do not link to another itemMeta
        element but to another
        news
        > item: use the residref attribute and
        apply the guid of the other news item
        > to it, do the same with the
        version attribute if you want to link to a
        > specific version of the other
        news item. If you want to link to another
        news
        > item regardless of its
        version then don't use the version attribute.

        > From:
        href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com] On
        Behalf
        > Of hamda
        > Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 11:44
        PM
        > To:
        href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com

        > ok
        > itemMeta have
        element "LINK"

        href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com, "Michael Steidl \(IPTC\)" <mdirector@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Hamda
        > > >
        > > > Re the
        <newsItem ... line (be careful about the casing!)
        > > > The value
        of the attributes of the root element are completely
        > independent
        > > > from the location where a newsItem XML exists - so whether it is in
        > > local
        > > > file system, or on a web or ftp server,
        the attributes values must
        > always
        > > be
        > > > the
        same.

        > > > Re partid: this id is local to the
        XML instance, that means even if a
        > > > partMeta is about exactly
        the same piece of content in two different
        > > > newsItems the
        @partid may be different. The only requirement is: no
        two

        @partids in a newsItem may be the same.

        Michael

        Friday, April 30, 2010 12:56 PM
        > > > To:
        href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com
        > > > Subject: [newsml-g2] urn guid

        hi,
        > > > i must use my files on local
        > > > but i dont
        know what to put in the line of
        > > > <newsitem
        guid="....

        href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted
        > under
        > > > the
        conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.

        ------------ --------- --------- ------

        Any member of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the

        Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at

        href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted
        under
        > > the conditions of
        this IPTC IP Policy.

        > Any member
        of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the
        > Intellectual
        Property Policy of the IPTC, available at

        href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted under
        > the conditions of this IPTC
        IP Policy.
        > Yahoo! Groups