Re: urn guid

  • hamda
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2010
      ok
      itemMeta have element "LINK"
      but
      how to link an itemMeta to another itemMeta In spite of an itemMeta dont have an ID.

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1 12:16 PM
        Hi Hamda

        As the name tells the "itemMeta" elements relate to the news item as a
        whole. Thus you do not link to another itemMeta element but to another news
        item: use the residref attribute and apply the guid of the other news item
        to it, do the same with the version attribute if you want to link to a
        specific version of the other news item. If you want to link to another news
        item regardless of its version then don't use the version attribute.

        wrote:

        > There is no way to link a part of newsItem A to a part of newsItem B.
        >
        > You can only link the whole newsItem A to the whole newsItem B.

      • hamda
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1 3:18 PM
          thank you , now i understand.
          just i want know what is the GUID that i must use
          bevause i will not send my files, i just need my files on local
          so what kind of GUID i must use, or can i use TAG inspite i dont know how to use the TAG.
          thank you

        • hamda
          Message 4 of 11 , May 2 5:36 AM
            yes right,
            but if i think i can add new element to link partmeta to another partmeta right?

            Message 5 of 11 , May 3 12:08 AM
              Hi Hamda,

              the NewsML-G2 specification document defines for the guid:

              "A newsItem MUST have a guid attribute, which is a persistent and globally
              unique identifier. The guid is
              required to be in the form of an IRI. Any IRI capable of acting as a
              globally unique identifier is accepted."

              An IRI is the international version of a URI.
              You can use any kind of identifier which complies with the requirements
              above, e.g. the NewsML URN (see RFC 3085) or the TAG URN

              Message 6 of 11 , May 4 3:20 AM
                > You can use any kind of identifier which complies with the requirements
                above, e.g. the NewsML URN (see RFC 3085) or the TAG URN

                fyi, TR (Thomson Reuters) uses Tag URIs for G2 Item GUIDs.

                Tag URI ref:

                Example, for NewsML-G2:
                    tag:reuters.com,2010:newsml_TRE628005
                TR builds up the URI as:
                    tag:<provider>,<year>:<unique-identifier-for-the-provider>

                Regards
                Dave Compton
                Senior Technologist.
                G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

                Thomson Reuters

                Phone: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
                Mobile: +44 (0) 7990 56 8341

                wrote:

                Hi Hamda

                > As the name tells the "itemMeta" elements relate to
                the news item as a
                > whole. Thus you do not link to another itemMeta
                element but to another
                news
                > item: use the residref attribute and
                apply the guid of the other news item
                > to it, do the same with the
                version attribute if you want to link to a
                > specific version of the other
                news item. If you want to link to another
                news
                > item regardless of its
                version then don't use the version attribute.

                > From:
                href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com [mailto:newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com] On
                Behalf
                > Of hamda
                > Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 11:44
                PM
                > To:
                href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com

                > ok
                > itemMeta have
                element "LINK"

                href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com, "Michael Steidl \(IPTC\)" <mdirector@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Hi Hamda
                > > >
                > > > Re the
                <newsItem ... line (be careful about the casing!)
                > > > The value
                of the attributes of the root element are completely
                > independent
                > > > from the location where a newsItem XML exists - so whether it is in
                > > local
                > > > file system, or on a web or ftp server,
                the attributes values must
                > always
                > > be
                > > > the
                same.

                > > > Re partid: this id is local to the
                XML instance, that means even if a
                > > > partMeta is about exactly
                the same piece of content in two different
                > > > newsItems the
                @partid may be different. The only requirement is: no
                two

                @partids in a newsItem may be the same.

                Michael

                Friday, April 30, 2010 12:56 PM
                > > > To:
                href="mailto:newsml-g2%40yahoogroups.com">newsml-g2@yahoogrou ps.com
                > > > Subject: [newsml-g2] urn guid

                hi,
                > > > i must use my files on local
                > > > but i dont
                know what to put in the line of
                > > > <newsitem
                guid="....

                href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted
                > under
                > > > the
                conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.

                ------------ --------- --------- ------

                Any member of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the

                Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at

                href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted
                under
                > > the conditions of
                this IPTC IP Policy.

                > Any member
                of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the
                > Intellectual
                Property Policy of the IPTC, available at

                href="http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp.">http://www.iptc. org/goto/ ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted under
                > the conditions of this IPTC
                IP Policy.
                > Yahoo! Groups