mappings between different specs

  • Paul Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 19, 2010
      If I was to prepare a file that listed equivalences between different sports data ontologies (say SportsML, Olympics Data Format and DPA-SportsML), what would be the best format to use? Because we are dealing with general "classes" here (league, event, team, player, etc.) rather than more specific "concepts" or instances, I thought OWL would be the ticket rather than conceptItem, even though those things are certainly concepts. OWL has a rich vocab convering ontology properties.

      My aim is to see if mapping equivalences between ontologies (usually associated with a specific data provider) would help in generating knowledge items of equivalent concepts from different data providers -- either for documentation purposes or even automation if APIs are set up.

      Hope that was clear :) Anyone see any use in this? Anyone doing anything similar outside of sports?