Looking for real NewsML examples

  • fitzphoto
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2009
      Folks,

      Trying to develop a tool that can parse NewsML feeds. Anyone have an example of a good feed we can use?

      Also, I'm looking for examples of feeds or static NewsML files that contain multiple story packages in the same feed or file....looking for how NewsML separates distinct packages from one another.

      Does anyone have any ideas or information? It's very much appreciated!

      Brian
    • robert.schmidt-nia@dpa-mediatec.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009

        Hi B rian,

        Actually dpa provides information about events in EventsML-G2. This month we are also starting to process images as NewsML-G2 items. If you like I could send you some examples. Can you give some information about your organisation and your business segment?

        Robert

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
          Robert,

          Thanks for your response. Our company (www.epiccycle.com) ingests feeds for use in proprietary CMS systems primarily for media companies such as newspapers and sports companies like NFL franchises. We have a big interest in maintaining and promoting standards such as Sports ML, NewsML and EventsML. Our tool will work with other publishers of content as well, allowing them to convert a feed or feeds from their proprietary format to, for example, NewsML.

          Thanks for your help!
          Brian