Subject codes assignment

  • Paul Harman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2008
      I'm trying to work out how to assign subject codes to a piece of content
      using G2. I'm a bit confused following the Tables in the Power
      Conformance Level document. Do I really have to do this:

      <subject>
      <bag>
      <bit qcode="subj:01000000"/>
      <bit qcode="subj:02000000"/>
      </bag>
      </subject>

      ...or am I misreading the meaning of 'Child Elements' in that table?

      Paul

      This e-mail is from the PA Group. For more information, see www.thepagroup.com.
      This e-mail may contain confidential information.
      Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this email or any attachments.
      If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately.
      Any opinion expressed in this e-mail is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of the PA Group.
      Any e-mail reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 21, 2008
        Hi Paul,

        Normal usage is:
        <subject qcode="X:Y" />

        The <bag/> element is provided for grouping subjects together, eg:
        Sprint AND 400m AND Men

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2008
          From: newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com] On
          Behalf Of Misha Wolf
          > Normal usage is:
          > <subject qcode="X:Y" />
          >
          > The <bag/> element is provided for grouping subjects together, eg:
          > Sprint AND 400m AND Men

          Thanks Misha - that's more sane. I didn't notice the "Extends
          Flex1PropType" on "Flex1ConceptPropType". Or the cardinality of
          <subject> for that matter. :-(