Re: Validation of the provided NewsML-G2 examples

  • jpevain_ebu
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
      Robbie,

      I had to do some cross-checking before giving you a sound answer
      (all this goes back to early July for me with a lot of water under
      the bridge since then).

      Actually, most of the errors you spotted come from the fact that my
      instance implements some changes agreed but not implemented yet.

      I expect these changes to be in the next version of the
      specification after the meeting in Prague next week. After this, it
      should validate although I might have to do some adjustment to stick
      to the actual implementation in the spec.

      Best regards,

      Jean-Pierre

      --- In newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com, "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@...>

      g2@yahoogroups.com]
      > On Behalf Of robbie.desutter
      > Sent: lundi, 1. octobre 2007 10:58
      > To: newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [newsml-g2] Validation of the provided NewsML-G2
      examples

      > Dear members of the NewsML-G2 interest group,
      >
      > In order to understand NewsML-G2 more thoroughly I've been
      studying
      > the examples available on the yahoo group discussion forum
      (in the
      > section files, contributed-examples). However, I did found
      some
      > minor
      > problems with these files as some cannot be validated
      against the
      > latest draft version of NewsML-G2 (DRAFT-NewsML-G2_1.0-
      > spec-NewsItem-Power_3.xsd).
      >
      > In particular I've found some problems with the following
      files:
      > 1. The file "EBU template NewsML-2 r3.xml" (section
      interoperability

      > tests):
      > - Lines 37, 67, 89:
      > contains invalid attributes "validfrom", "validto",
      and "idrefts"
      > in the element "rightsInfo".
      > - Lines 50, 73, 95:
      > contains invalid element "affiliation" as part of the
      > element "personDetails".
      > - Line 237:
      > contains invalid attribute "chnllang" in the
      element "channel".

      > 2. The file "Example-SmallArticle-NITFcontent.xml" (section
      > tutorial):
      > - Line 43:
      > contains invalid attribute "words" in the element inlineXML.
      > I guess this should be "wordcount" instead.
      >
      > All other files in the folders tutorial and interoperability
      tests
      > appear to be XML valid.
      >
      > Can someone confirm these are (known?) issues. With regards
      to the
      > first file (EBU template), does someone have a suggestion
      how to
      > correct the XML file so it can be validated to NewsML-G2
      draft
      > version 3 schema?
      >
      > Finally, with regards to the files in the folder Reuters
      Samples: I
      > cannot confirm the validity of these files as I cannot find
      the XML
      > Schema's used by Reuters. In particular, the XML
      namespace "rtr"
      > points to "http://www.reuters.com/ns/2003/08/content
      > <http://www.reuters.com/ns/2003/08/content> ", however there
      > is no associated schema location.
      >
      > Can someone provide the XML Schema for this namespace or
      point me to

      > the location thereof?
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any feedback.
      >
      > Kind regards,
      > Robbie De Sutter
      > .A: VRT-medialab
      > Zuiderpoort
      > Gaston Crommenlaan 10 (bus 101)
      > B-9050 Gent - Ledeberg
      > .T: +32 (0) 9 331 48 49
      > .M: +32 (0) 495 940 488
      > .F: +32 (0) 9 331 48 40
      > .E: robbie.desutter@... <mailto:robbie.desutter%40vrt.be>
      > .W: medialab.vrt.be
      > .W: www.vrt.be

      > This email and any files transmitted with it
      > are confidential and intended solely for the
      > use of the individual or entity to whom they
      > are addressed.
      > If you have received this email in error,
      > please notify the system manager.
      > This footnote also confirms that this email
      > message has been swept by the mailgateway

    • DE SUTTER Robbie
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007

        Jean-Pierre, Dave, Laurent,

        Thank you for the feedback and information.

        I hope you all have a good and productive meeting next week in Prague and I am looking forward to the results.

        Kind regards,

        Robbie De Sutter

        wrote:

        > Robbie,
        >
        > I'll come back to you soon about EBU's file.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Jean-pierre

        *** Disclaimer ***

        Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep