RE: [newsml-g2] Validation of the provided NewsML-G2 examples

  • Laurent LE MEUR
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      > 2. The file "Example-SmallArticle-NITFcontent.xml" (section tutorial):
      > - Line 43:
      > contains invalid attribute "words" in the element inlineXML.
      > I guess this should be "wordcount" instead.

      [llm : ] true error in the sample. I will correct it asap.

      L.Le Meur
      AFP

      This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.

      For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com
    • jpevain_ebu
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
        Robbie,

        I had to do some cross-checking before giving you a sound answer
        (all this goes back to early July for me with a lot of water under
        the bridge since then).

        Actually, most of the errors you spotted come from the fact that my
        instance implements some changes agreed but not implemented yet.

        I expect these changes to be in the next version of the
        specification after the meeting in Prague next week. After this, it
        should validate although I might have to do some adjustment to stick
        to the actual implementation in the spec.

        Best regards,

        Jean-Pierre

        --- In newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com, "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@...>

        g2@yahoogroups.com]
        > On Behalf Of robbie.desutter
        > Sent: lundi, 1. octobre 2007 10:58
        > To: newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [newsml-g2] Validation of the provided NewsML-G2
        examples

        > Dear members of the NewsML-G2 interest group,
        >
        > In order to understand NewsML-G2 more thoroughly I've been
        studying
        > the examples available on the yahoo group discussion forum
        (in the
        > section files, contributed-examples). However, I did found
        some
        > minor
        > problems with these files as some cannot be validated
        against the
        > latest draft version of NewsML-G2 (DRAFT-NewsML-G2_1.0-
        > spec-NewsItem-Power_3.xsd).
        >
        > In particular I've found some problems with the following
        files:
        > 1. The file "EBU template NewsML-2 r3.xml" (section
        interoperability

        > tests):
        > - Lines 37, 67, 89:
        > contains invalid attributes "validfrom", "validto",
        and "idrefts"
        > in the element "rightsInfo".
        > - Lines 50, 73, 95:
        > contains invalid element "affiliation" as part of the
        > element "personDetails".
        > - Line 237:
        > contains invalid attribute "chnllang" in the
        element "channel".

        > 2. The file "Example-SmallArticle-NITFcontent.xml" (section
        > tutorial):
        > - Line 43:
        > contains invalid attribute "words" in the element inlineXML.
        > I guess this should be "wordcount" instead.
        >
        > All other files in the folders tutorial and interoperability
        tests
        > appear to be XML valid.
        >
        > Can someone confirm these are (known?) issues. With regards
        to the
        > first file (EBU template), does someone have a suggestion
        how to
        > correct the XML file so it can be validated to NewsML-G2
        draft
        > version 3 schema?
        >
        > Finally, with regards to the files in the folder Reuters
        Samples: I
        > cannot confirm the validity of these files as I cannot find
        the XML
        > Schema's used by Reuters. In particular, the XML
        namespace "rtr"
        > points to "http://www.reuters.com/ns/2003/08/content
        > <http://www.reuters.com/ns/2003/08/content> ", however there
        > is no associated schema location.
        >
        > Can someone provide the XML Schema for this namespace or
        point me to

        > the location thereof?
        >
        > Thanks in advance for any feedback.
        >
        > Kind regards,
        > Robbie De Sutter
        > .A: VRT-medialab
        > Zuiderpoort
        > Gaston Crommenlaan 10 (bus 101)
        > B-9050 Gent - Ledeberg
        > .T: +32 (0) 9 331 48 49
        > .M: +32 (0) 495 940 488
        > .F: +32 (0) 9 331 48 40
        > .E: robbie.desutter@... <mailto:robbie.desutter%40vrt.be>
        > .W: medialab.vrt.be
        > .W: www.vrt.be

        > This email and any files transmitted with it
        > are confidential and intended solely for the
        > use of the individual or entity to whom they
        > are addressed.
        > If you have received this email in error,
        > please notify the system manager.
        > This footnote also confirms that this email
        > message has been swept by the mailgateway

      • DE SUTTER Robbie
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007

          Jean-Pierre, Dave, Laurent,

          Thank you for the feedback and information.

          I hope you all have a good and productive meeting next week in Prague and I am looking forward to the results.

          Kind regards,

          Robbie De Sutter

          wrote:

          > Robbie,
          >
          > I'll come back to you soon about EBU's file.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          > Jean-pierre

          *** Disclaimer ***

          Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep