RE: [newsml-g2] Validation of the provided NewsML-G2 examples

  • Dave Compton
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Robbie

      >Finally, with
      regards to the files in the folder Reuters Samples: I
      cannot confirm the validity of these files as I cannot find the XML
      Schema's used by Reuters. In particular, the XML namespace "rtr"
      points to "http://www.reuters. com/ns/2003/ 08/content", however there
      is no associated schema location.

      1. The Reuters documents are very early samples based on an old XSD; the XSD has subsequently evolved. The IPTC Autumn meetings will shortly be held in Prague (w/c 15 Oct); a number of XSD updates will be approved. The Reuters samples will be brought up to date after the IPTC meetings.
      2. http://www.reuters. com/ns/2003/ 08/content: You are correct; the schema location has yet to be enabled by Reuters. I will advise this list when it has been done. For now, it should be possible to suppress validation of the rtr namespace markup via your chosen XML validator.

      Regards

      DAVE COMPTON
      Senior Technologist, NewsML Technical Owner
      Reuters Media

      The Reuters Building, South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP  United Kingdom

      Reuters Messaging: dave.compton.reuters.com@...

      (t) +44 (0) 20 7542 8341 | (m) +44 (0) 7990 56 8341 | (f) +44 (0) 20 7519 1233
      http://mediadev.uki.ime.reuters.com/default.htm
      http://mediadev.uki.ime.reuters.com/users/djc/ref/

      Get the latest news at Reuters.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
        Message
        Robbie,

        I'll come back to you soon about EBU's file.

        Regards,

        Jean-pierre
[...]

        .A: VRT-medialab
        Zuiderpoort
        Gaston Crommenlaan 10 (bus 101)
        B-9050 Gent - Ledeberg
        .T: +32 (0) 9 331 48 49
        .M: +32 (0) 495 940 488
        .F: +32 (0) 9 331 48 40
        .E: robbie.desutter@ vrt.be
        .W: medialab.vrt. be
        .W: www.vrt.be

        ************************************************** This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway **************************************************

      • Laurent LE MEUR
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2007
          > 2. The file "Example-SmallArticle-NITFcontent.xml" (section tutorial):
          > - Line 43:
          > contains invalid attribute "words" in the element inlineXML.
          > I guess this should be "wordcount" instead.

          [llm : ] true error in the sample. I will correct it asap.

          L.Le Meur
          AFP

          This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.

          For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com
        • jpevain_ebu
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007
            Robbie,

            I had to do some cross-checking before giving you a sound answer
            (all this goes back to early July for me with a lot of water under
            the bridge since then).

            Actually, most of the errors you spotted come from the fact that my
            instance implements some changes agreed but not implemented yet.

            I expect these changes to be in the next version of the
            specification after the meeting in Prague next week. After this, it
            should validate although I might have to do some adjustment to stick
            to the actual implementation in the spec.

            Best regards,

            Jean-Pierre

            --- In newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com, "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@...>
            wrote:

            > Robbie,
            >
            > I'll come back to you soon about EBU's file.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Jean-pierre

          • DE SUTTER Robbie
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2007

              Jean-Pierre, Dave, Laurent,

              Thank you for the feedback and information.

              I hope you all have a good and productive meeting next week in Prague and I am looking forward to the results.

              Kind regards,

              Robbie De Sutter

              wrote:

              > Robbie,
              >
              > I'll come back to you soon about EBU's file.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Jean-pierre

              *** Disclaimer ***

              Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep