Some examples of NewsML-G2 news items
As part of the NewsML-G2 experimental phase:
I have uploaded a small set of NewsML-G2 samples under the files area of this group.
You will find in Files > Contributed-examples > tutorial:
- A small news item representing an article with NITF content
- The same article using XHTML for text markup
- A news item representing a graphic – the IPTC logo.
- A news item representing a video in multiple renditions.
- A package item which groups together different news items (by reference).
As you will see, NewsML-G2 aims at being simple to read, simple to implement. We’d like to have you comments on these samples, on the work done so far, and get examples of the experiments achieved by you folks.
I will upload other samples and comment the highlighted features asap.
The Working Group is currently working:
- On some advanced features requested by different IPTC members
- On the final specification document, to be released around October we hope.
Laurent Le Meur
AFP, head of Medialab
IPTC, NewsML-G2 WG chairman, News Architecture WP chairman
This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.
For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com