FW: XG Talk during the W3C Advisory Committee Meeting -- IPTC andCURIEs

    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2007
      fyi

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Raphaël Troncy [mailto:Raphael.Troncy@...]
      Sent: 08 May 2007 16:25
      To: Misha Wolf
      Cc: MMSem-XG Public List; public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@...; newsml-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: XG Talk during the W3C Advisory Committee Meeting -- IPTC andCURIEs

      Dear Misha,

      > Please remove from your slides any association between the IPTC
      > and CURIEs. IPTC standards do not use CURIEs and will not be
      > using CURIEs.

      Thanks for your comments. I have removed this association in the latest version of the slides.
      Sorry for the confusion, I didn't aim to make such a shortcut association and let people believe that IPTC will make use of CURIEs.
      The context is that Tim B.Lee has mentionned yesterday this extensive discussion W3C and IPTC had on this topic. My goal was therefore
      just to mention the kind of discussion we can have with other standardisation bodies on particular subjects (not saying that we
      necessarily agree). But I agree that at this point, it will rather confuse the audience.

      > The new generation of IPTC standards is based on
      > the use of Qualified Codes (QCodes) which are very different
      > from CURIEs. Confusion between the two doesn't do anyone any
      > good.

      I agree and I'm even now writing some text for highlighting the differences :-)
      Best regards.

      Raphaël

      --
      Raphaël Troncy
      e-mail: raphael.troncy@... & raphael.troncy@...

      This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

      except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Limited.

      Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which Reuters Group PLC is the ultimate parent company.
      Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building, South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom
      Registered No: 3296375
      Registered in England and Wales