Re: Finding News Taxonomies [was: RE: Towards a TAG consideration of CURIEs]

  • John Cowan
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2007
      Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) scripsit:

      > I guess an approach that depends on routinely ignoring xml:id processing
      > errors and not validating the XML does not seem to me like a wise design
      > choice,

      A matter of opinion and/or taste. People do routinely work with invalid
      XML documents, which is the whole reason for introducing xml:id;
      xml:id processing errors reintroduce a little bit of validity, which is
      why processors SHOULD report them for those who care. But there is
      no MUSTard about what XML applications do with such errors.

      --
      John Cowan cowan@... http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
      Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.