draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-05.txt

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2007
      Hi John,

      I'm writing to comment on draft-kunze-rfc2413bis-05.txt (http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-kunze-rfc2413bis/).

      On behalf of the News Industry, I wish to repeat our strong opposition to the comment against the DC title element:

          Typically, Title will be a name by which the resource is formally known.

      This is true of no Web page that I know of (including the DC Web pages) and is certainly not true of News stories.

      If the DC community continues to insist that the Earth is flat, other communities are forced to form their own views of DC's powers of observation and interest in listening.

      Regards,
      Misha -- Co-author of RFC 2413 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2413.txt)

      Misha Wolf
      News Standards Manager
      Reuters

      (t) +44 20 7542 6722 | (m) +44 7990 56 6722

      misha.wolf@...
      Reuters Messaging: misha.wolf.reuters.com@...

      Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day. Get the latest news at Reuters.com

      This email was sent to you by Reuters, the global news and information company.

      except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Limited.

      Reuters Limited is part of the Reuters Group of companies, of which Reuters Group PLC is the ultimate parent company.
      Reuters Group PLC - Registered office address: The Reuters Building, South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom
      Registered No: 3296375
      Registered in England and Wales