RE: [newsml-2] Requirements for CURIEs

    Message 1 of 4 , May 25, 2006
      Reuters will be using numeric prefices.

      From: newsml-2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:newsml-2@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Darko Gulija
      Sent: 25 May 2006 15:38
      To: newsml-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [newsml-2] Requirements for CURIEs

      I'm not sure about "the prefix must be allowed to be numeric"

      Since prefixes are local aliases, I think that it is the same whether
      they
      are numeric or NCNAMEs.

      If one wants to generate them on the fly, there is no real difference
      between "01,02,03,...,11,12,13" and "a1, a2, a3" (unless one realy wants
      squeze every byte out of the sintax, but then there are other places
      where
      much more could be achieved).

      Darko.Gulija@...
      IT Manager / Voditelj informatike
      tel: +385 1 48 08 800
      fax: +385 1 48 08 820
      Croatian News Agency (HINA)

      Any member of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the
      Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at
      http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted
      under the conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.

      Yahoo! Groups Links