NAR tutorial #1

  • Laurent Le Meur
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2006

      Please check Example-SmallArticle-NITFcontent.xml and Example-SmallArticle-XHTMLcontent.xml

      They both represent the same news item, using two different content formats.

      You’ll find them at:

      A news item represents news information in any format a provider chooses: in order to make everybody happy, we provide here an XHTML sample and a NITF sample. The next examples of textual news will use XHTML, as we feel that this format is of broader usage in the xml community, and we do not want you to need learning NITF in order to understand NewsML2.

      Both examples are enriched with xml comments, explaining the details of the implementation. Please review them, comment and ask any question you think of: we’ll try to answer quickly.

      Note:

      After the NewsML2 Architecture is stabilized, the IPTC could end-up recommending a *textual news* implementation, using either an evolution of NITF or XHTML2.0 (which is currently a draft).

      In the short term, the IPTC will only recommend an implementation for photos, graphics, audio & video clips using the NAR. The next tutorial example will be a first step in that direction.

      Laurent Le Meur

      IPTC NAR WP chair

      This e-mail, and any file transmitted with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individ ual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sende r and delete the email from your system. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distr ibute or copy this email.

      For more information on Agence France-Presse, please visit our web site at http://www.afp.com