FW: Re: Statements about statements -- Help needed!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2005
      [forwarded]

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Charles McCathieNevile [mailto:chaals@...]
      Sent: 22 December 2005 19:35
      To: Russell Duhon; Misha Wolf
      Cc: Semantic Web; newsml-2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Statements about statements -- Help needed!

      On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:54:48 +0100, Russell Duhon <fugu13@...> wrote:

      > The reification approach would likely be a good bet.
      >
      > I've worked up a quick example, working from content in your model
      > draft ( http://www.iptc.org/
      > NAR/1.0/specification/DRAFT-NAR_1.0-spec-Model_12.pdf ) and an example
      > in the RDF Primer.
      >
      > Here's how it might look (fragmentary, of course):
      > random:triple1 rdf:type rdf:Statement .
      > random:triple1 rdf:subject random:item42 .
      > random:triple1 rdf:predicate newsml:provider .
      > random:triple1 rdf:object "iptc.org"^^xsd:string .
      > random:triple1 newsml:confidence "0.4"^^xsd:float .

      Earlier drafts of EARL actually took this approach. While it is
      functionally pretty similar, we moved away from it because it seemed just
      a tiny bit more complex to explain, and it really got quite complicated if
      you wanted to talk about a set of statements.

      Cheers

      Chaals

      --
      Charles McCathieNevile chaals@...
      Peek into the kitchen: http://snapshot.opera.com/

      Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Reuters Ltd.