RE: [newsml-2] NAR WP conf call short notes, 13/12

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2005

      Two pedantic comments:

      -  Readers in North America will have figured out that 13/12 doesn't
         mean the 12th day of the 13th month, as there are only 12 months
         (unless you use a lunar calendar, of course).  To avoid confusion
         in January (eg 3/1), I suggest we use ISO dates (eg 2005-01-03)
         or name the month (eg Jan 3).

      -  Re our "bi-weekly conference-call", I see that "Bi-weekly can mean
         either 'every other week' or 'twice a week'.  The same problem
         arises with bi-monthly.  The only way to avoid the ambiguity is
         not to use the words at all." [1]

      [1]
      http://www.tiscali.co.uk/reference/dictionaries/english/data/d0081654.html

      Misha

      PS: The NAR WP holds two conference calls per week.