Clarification needed about the rendition attribute of

  • Philippe Mougin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
      Hi,

      I find seemingly contradictory statements in the NewsML-G2 specification (v. 2.12).

      P. 330 states "A specific value for rendition MUST NOT be used more than once for elements under contentSet of a NewsItem." This is also stated p. 61 of the implementation guide "Each specific rendition value can only be used once per News Item.", and again p. 280 "The avoid ambiguity, the G2 Specification allows a specific rendition value to be used only once per News Item, i.e. there could not be two "highres" renditions in a content set."

      However p. 29 states "The same rendition of content MAY be present at different remote locations. In such a case the same value of the rendition attribute MAY be given to several remote- Content elements."

      Which one is correct?

      Thx.
      Philippe Mougin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2013
        Hi Philippe,

        as the specification of the @rendition attribute makes a clear statement on
        page 330 the free text introduction on page 29 has a lower priority and
        therefore it will be corrected in the next version.

        Thanks for pointing at this inconsistency.

        Best,