RE: [newsml-g2] NewsItem contain News And Photo

  • davecompton987
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2013

      Hi

      >How Can I create NewsItem contains News And Photo at the same Item.
      >The news Item class is text, so I don't have any idea how can I put the image with this item.

      There are a number of possible use cases here

      a/ If the Text simply makes reference to a binary Picture:

      - A single Text Item can be used, with a <link> to the picture binary.

      - The metadata related to the Picture is not included, other than, for example, in the JPEG header.

      b/ If the Text and Picture are to be separately managed, and have a weak association:

      - In this case, two separate Items should be used, one for the Text, and one for the Picture; the two can define their own metadata, and be separately managed.

      - The Text Item can include a <link> to the Picture Item.

      c/ If the Text and Picture are to be separately managed, and have a strong association:

      - In this case, two separate Items should be used, one for the Text, and one for the Picture; the two can define their own metadata, and be separately managed.

      - A separate Package Item is used, to associate the Text Item and Picture Item.

      - This is as per Paul’s previous response.

      Hope this helps.

      Regards.

      Dave.

      Dave Compton
      Information Architect, News Platform.

      G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

      Thomson Reuters

      T: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
      M: +44 (0)7990 56 8341

      W: www.thomsonreuters.com

      W: www.linkedin.com/in/davecompton

      W: www.twitter.com/dav3c

      Internal:

      G2-Standards:  Hub | Wiki | IPTC

      Information Architecture: Formats | Coding | Architecture

      From: John <john@...>

      > Also the image newsitem has the ability to hold lots of the same
      >information
      > that a text story would have. The story text can go into the image
      >caption for example.

      Please don't do that :-)

      A story with a picture is 2 newsItems (one for the story, one for the
      picture), linked by a packageItem. If you want to send all the XML in one
      document, you can wrap those 3 items in a single newsMessage.

      Paul

      This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.