RE: [newsml-g2] Define receivers in G2

  • dave.compton@thomsonreuters.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2012

      1) the destinations are not in any case an information of the item, but only a routing.

      Sadly ours contain a mix of i/ destination, ii/product code and iii/ other.

      For the product codes, we also represent them within the item as audience /@qcode

      Rgds

      DC

      1) the destinations are not in any case an information of the item, but only a routing.

      2) if the editors are addressing some destinations, which may result in one ore more services, this services are conveyed within /newsItem/itemMeta/service

      Robert

      --- mobile ---

      Am 10.12.2012 um 11:00 schrieb "dave.compton@..." <dave.compton@...>:

      Hi Trond

      I think this is a common use case. TR uses header/destination, and the value can be any of: a product, a system, a group, a specific end point. Now that destination supports a @qcode, the aforementioned can be qualified and represented via header/destination/@qcode.

      DC

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
        Thanks to help from Michael and the hint from Dave using destination, the destination is looking like this:
        <destination role="desttype:product" qcode="prod:sportsresults" />
        <destination role="desttype:main" qcode="adest:tt"/>
        <destination role="desttype:sub-tt" qcode="adest:VG"/>
        <destination role="desttype:sub-tt" qcode="adest:aftenposten"/>
        <destination role="desttype:main" qcode="adest:amedia"/>
        <destination role="desttype:sub-amedia" qcode="adest:dagsavisen"/>
        <destination role="desttype:sub-amedia" qcode="adest:budstikka"/>

        To describe a bit:
        This structure will then tell that we have two main-destinations: TT and Amedia (a major media company in Norway).
        The sub-tt/sub-amedia is used to tell the remote system which customer "owns" the data - or in which database these data shall end up in.
        This because NTB now have access to all sports data in Norway and we are to distribute all sports results from age 12 and up to "oldboys/oldgirls"... So in order for the remote receivers to understand which client has ordered these data, I needed a way to define it.

        Again: Great big thanks to Michael for all assistance. And also to others who has told how they are using the destination element.

        Trond