Define receivers in G2

  • Trond
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2012
      Hi list,

      We are about to test our distribution of sports data that we receive through API-calls to the Norwegian Sports Confederation. The file is then to be sent to one customer (TT) who then shall be able to allow access to the data in their sports-result-ready-made-system.

      Thank to Michael Steidl I will be using this structure in the NewsMLG2 that I will package the SportsML data in:

      <ntbG2:Receivers>
      <ntbG2:Receiver>Customer1</ntbG2:Receiver>
      <ntbG2:Receiver>Customer2</ntbG2:Receiver>
      <ntbG2:Receiver>Customer3</ntbG2:Receiver>
      </ntbG2:Receivers>

      My reason for showing this is show that there might be a need for such a structure in NewsMLG2 (since MS came up with this structure, I have a feeling that there might not be such a structure in NMLG2).

      Best regards,

      Trond Husø
      System Developer
      Mobile : +47 450 35 715
      E-mail : trond.huso@...
      www.ntb.no
    • dave.compton@thomsonreuters.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012

        Hi Trond

        I think this is a common use case. TR uses header/destination, and the value can be any of: a product, a system, a group, a specific end point. Now that destination supports a @qcode, the aforementioned can be qualified and represented via header/destination/@qcode.

        DC

[...]

        This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.
      • robert.schmidt-nia@dpa-mediatec.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2012
          Hi group,

          dpa also uses the /newsMessage/header/destination/@qcode

          Regarding two aspects:

          1) the destinations are not in any case an information of the item, but only a routing.

          2) if the editors are addressing some destinations, which may result in one ore more services, this services are conveyed within /newsItem/itemMeta/service

          Robert

          --- mobile ---

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 16, 2012

            1) the destinations are not in any case an information of the item, but only a routing.

            Sadly ours contain a mix of i/ destination, ii/product code and iii/ other.

            For the product codes, we also represent them within the item as audience /@qcode

            Rgds

            DC

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 19, 2012
              Thanks to help from Michael and the hint from Dave using destination, the destination is looking like this:
              <destination role="desttype:product" qcode="prod:sportsresults" />
              <destination role="desttype:main" qcode="adest:tt"/>
              <destination role="desttype:sub-tt" qcode="adest:VG"/>
              <destination role="desttype:sub-tt" qcode="adest:aftenposten"/>
              <destination role="desttype:main" qcode="adest:amedia"/>
              <destination role="desttype:sub-amedia" qcode="adest:dagsavisen"/>
              <destination role="desttype:sub-amedia" qcode="adest:budstikka"/>

              To describe a bit:
              This structure will then tell that we have two main-destinations: TT and Amedia (a major media company in Norway).
              The sub-tt/sub-amedia is used to tell the remote system which customer "owns" the data - or in which database these data shall end up in.
              This because NTB now have access to all sports data in Norway and we are to distribute all sports results from age 12 and up to "oldboys/oldgirls"... So in order for the remote receivers to understand which client has ordered these data, I needed a way to define it.

              Again: Great big thanks to Michael for all assistance. And also to others who has told how they are using the destination element.

              Trond