RE: [newsml-g2] Request for clarification about the "see also" item relation

  • dave.compton@thomsonreuters.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2012

      > … the related item is needed to fully understand the current item

      Note that for the above case, there is the ‘dependsOn’ value (The content of this item depends on the related item), as per:

      http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/itemrelation/

      Dave Compton
      Senior Technologist.

      G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

      Thomson Reuters

      Phone: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
      Mobile: +44 (0) 7990 56 8341

      dave.compton@...
      dave.compton.reuters.com@...
      mediabit38.uki.ime.reuters.com/tmp/users/DJC/ref/
      www.thomsonreuters.com

      www.linkedin.com/in/davecompton

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
        Dpa also uses the definition of the guideline. We address additional sources which can be of interest for the consumer.

        We should discuss, and hopefully correct the definition within the CV.

        Robert

        --- mobile ---

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
          Philippe and all:
          The definition of seeAlso has been changed to the one of the Guidelines
          document:
          http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/itemrelation/seeAlso

          Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]
          Web: www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC
          Business office address:
          Since 1 November 2012: 25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United
          Kingdom
          Registered in England, company no 101096