RE: [newsml-g2] Request for clarification about the "see also" item relation

  • Paul Harman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2012

      The implementation guide’s definition aligns with PA’s usage – “See Also” is the term we use to indicate content of a similar theme or nature which the reader may also be interested in, and/or to provide additional context.

      The CV definition sounds wrong; it is indicating (what in NewsML1 would be) Supporting content, or perhaps something even stronger.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2012

        > … the related item is needed to fully understand the current item

        Note that for the above case, there is the ‘dependsOn’ value (The content of this item depends on the related item), as per:

        http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/itemrelation/

        Dave Compton
        Senior Technologist.

        G2-Standards Technical Owner: NewsML-G2, EventsML-G2.

        Thomson Reuters

        Phone: +44 (0)20 7542 8341
        Mobile: +44 (0) 7990 56 8341

        dave.compton@...
        dave.compton.reuters.com@...
        mediabit38.uki.ime.reuters.com/tmp/users/DJC/ref/
        www.thomsonreuters.com

        www.linkedin.com/in/davecompton

[...]

        This email was sent to you by Thomson Reuters, the global news and information company. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Thomson Reuters.
      • robert.schmidt-nia@dpa-mediatec.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2012
          Dpa also uses the definition of the guideline. We address additional sources which can be of interest for the consumer.

          We should discuss, and hopefully correct the definition within the CV.

          Robert

          --- mobile ---

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2012
            Philippe and all:
            The definition of seeAlso has been changed to the one of the Guidelines
            document:
            http://cv.iptc.org/newscodes/itemrelation/seeAlso

            Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]
            Web: www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC
            Business office address:
            Since 1 November 2012: 25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United
            Kingdom
            Registered in England, company no 101096