RE: [newsml-g2] NewsML-2 Comprehensive Samples

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2012

      Hi Fakir

      -          The NewsML-G2 standard includes 5 slightly different structures, called Items, and each has a full documentation on the web:

      o   For journalistic content: the News Item - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/NewsItem.html

      o   For concepts and events: the Concept Item - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/ConceptItem.html

      o   For sets of concepts and events: the Knowledge Item - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/KnowledgeItem.html

      o   For planning news coverage: the Planning Item - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/PlanningItem.html

      o   For managed packages of any item above: the Package Item - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/PackageItem.html

      -          And it provides a transportation wrapper for one to many items: the News Message - http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Power/NewsMessage.html

      All NewsML-G2 XML structures are controlled by XML Schemas, the documentation above reflects the corresponding XML Schema.

      All XML Schemas can be found in this web folder: http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/specification/

      A comprehensive guideline to implementing NewsML-G2 and EventsML-G2 is this document:

      http://www.iptc.org/std/NewsML-G2/2.9/documentation/IPTC-G2-Implementation_Guide_4.pdf

      I hope this gives you a good start with investigating the features for NewsML-G2.

      Btw: the about.reuters.com link below points at a NewsML-1.x structure which is the predecessor of NewsML-G2 and is definitely different from NewsML-G2.

      Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]

      Web:
      www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC

      Business office address:

      20 Garrick Street, London WC2E 9BT, United Kingdom

      Registered in England, company no 101096