Re: [newsml-g2] Identify an event

  • jean delahousse KC
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hello,

      Thanks a lot for your very useful help, and for Laurent Le Meur (off) support.
      At the end I switched to a Knowledgeitem schema which was more adapted to the message I needed to create. I now describe several events as concepts in a single XML file, add a qcode to each concept and describe a narrower relationship between the first event and the following ones.

      I'll come back to you when the project will be operationnal to give you feedback on the overall implementation of NewsML, EventML, URI, SKOS and Schema.org for the web publication...

      Jean Delahousse

      2012/1/26 Michael Steidl (IPTC) <mdirector@...>

      Hi Jean

      Let’s assume this:

      -          The main event is identified by http://data.lepoint/event/bomse1 and its qcode is „lpevent:bomse1“

      -          The narrower event is identifier by http://data.lepoint/event/bomse2  and its qcode is „lpevent:bomse2“

      My question and notes regarding your example below are:

      -          First: a qcode attribute must not have a URI as value, it must be a QCode, see above.

      -          How to you want to apply the main event to the News Item.
      I guess it should be a subject = the news item is a journalistic report regarding the event.
      In this case use a subject property this way:

      <newsItem …>

                      ……………………..

                      <subject qcode=”lpevent:bomse1”>

                                     <narrower qcode=”lpevent:bomse2” />

      </subject>

      …………………..

      </newsItem>

      That’s it.

      Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]

      Web:
      www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC

      Business office address:

      20 Garrick Street, London WC2E 9BT, United Kingdom

      Registered in England, company no 101096