Is keyword valid in eventDetails at core conformance level?

  • Philippe Mougin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
      Hi,

      I'm asking because I see a discrepancy between EventsML-G2 1.6/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Core/ConceptItem.html, which shows no keyword element in eventDetails and the schema itself (EventsML-G2 1.6/specification/NAR_1.8-spec-All-Core.xsd) which allows keyword in eventDetails.

      Which one is right?

      Thanks.

      Philippe Mougin
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8, 2011
        Hi Philippe

        soory, I cannot confirm this issue: comparing

        http://www.iptc.org/std/NAR/1.8/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-
        Core/ConceptItem.html#Link51
        with the NAR_1.8-spec-All-Core.xsd
        I see that *both* have a keyword under <eventDetails>

        Michael

        On 8 Mar 2011 at 13:20, Philippe Mougin wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm asking because I see a discrepancy between EventsML-G2 1.6/specification/XML-Schema-Doc-Core/ConceptItem.html, which shows no keyword element in eventDetails and the schema itself (EventsML-G2 1.6/specification/NAR_1.8-spec-All-Core.xsd) which allows keyword in eventDetails.
        >
        > Which one is right?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Philippe Mougin
        >

        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Any member of this IPTC moderated Yahoo group must comply with the Intellectual Property Policy of the IPTC, available at http://www.iptc.org/goto/ipp. Any posting is assumed to be submitted under the conditions of this IPTC IP Policy.

        Sent by:
        Michael Steidl
        Managing Director of IPTC <mdirector@...>
        Working to improve the efficiency of News exchange.
        Visit our Web Site at http://www.iptc.org
      • Philippe Mougin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 9, 2011
          Hi Michael,

          When I download http://www.iptc.org/std/EventsML-G2/EventsML-G2_1.6.zip and unzip it, I find , among other things, in the "specification" folder two zipped folders:

          - XML-Schema-Doc-Core.zip
          - XML-Schema-Doc-Core_1.zip

          When I unzip the second one (XML-Schema-Doc-Core_1.zip) and look at ConceptItem.html, I don't see a keyword element in eventDetails. If I look in the other zipped folder (XML-Schema-Doc-Core.zip), it is present, though.

          Maybe XML-Schema-Doc-Core_1.zip is an erroneous leftover from a previous draft version or something?

          Philippe

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 10, 2011
            Hi Philippe,

            ok, the *_1.zip is an earlier testversion with errors and should not have
            been in the package - I have removed them now from the EventsML package. The
            correct version are the files without an underscore.