RE: [newsml-g2] Re: Embargoed & PubStatus

  • Kelvin Holland
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 20, 2010

      Hi Lino,

      Thought I would jump in here: pubStatus and embargo are not linked. If an Item has a pubStatus of “withheld” it cannot be published. It can only be published if an new version of the Item  (same GUID) is received with a “usable” status.

      The way you describe your requirement exactly matches the use-case for embargo. Your pubStatus should always be “usable” unless there is a separate issue with the Item (for example factual or legal issue) which requires you to change the status to “withheld” or “canceled”.

      Best

      Kelvin

      Kelvin Holland

      +44 (0)7966 448437