861RE: [newsml-g2] Re: Named write-throughs

  • Paul Harman
    Sep 1, 2009
      From: Michael Steidl (IPTC) [mailto:mdirector@...]
      > - or is it only a string to be communicated to the receiver?
      > In this case a literal value alone does not help, the
      > "human readable" string must be in a <name> child of the role.

      Point taken. I'd need to invent an @literal then, but that's okay - I'm
      doing it in loads of places already.

      > But: actually we already have something for this purpose: the
      > edNote.

      Er... Yes, I could do that. I'm already using edNote with other @roles
      for other purposes, but I suppose that's fair. The thing is, it is about
      the life cycle of the news item, and that's the explicit purpose of
      <role>, so I'd rather use <role>.

      Paul

      This email is from the Press Association. For more information, see www.pressassociation.com.
      This email may contain confidential information.
      Only the addressee is permitted to read, copy, distribute or otherwise use this email or any attachments.
      If you have received it in error, please contact the sender immediately.
      Any opinion expressed in this email is personal to the sender and may not reflect the opinion of the Press Association.
      Any email reply to this address may be subject to interception or monitoring for operational reasons or for lawful business practices.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic