512RE: [newsml-2] RE: FYI: some use of DOIs

  • Laurent Le Meur
    May 4, 2006
      XRI seem much more complex: they explicitly express "persistent vs reassignable
      segments", "cross-references", "global context symbols", and "federated
      identifiers". I not sure about the meaning of these features, but none of them
      was discussed among IPTC members. The purpose of a NewsML urn is to be globally
      unique (despite distributed generation) and persistent over time, that's all.

      Note: The result syntax is funny:
      xri://@example/(+example/(+foo))

      Laurent Le Meur
      AFP