1384RE: RE: [newsml-g2] Representing hierarchical structures in NewsML-G2

  • dd634e06083be08f58436f26c0122830
    Nov 19, 2013

      Hi,

      The article parts are to be considered a bundle that together make up the article. They donĀ“t convey any layout information.

      E.g. one article part is typically considered the "main article part" holding the main content for the article, another article part could be a "factbox" with facts related to the content in the main article part.

      I hope this clarify the picture somewhat.

      Thanks.

      ---In newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com, <mdirector@...> wrote:

      Hi Ola

      A question about the content of an article: is it in the journalistic sense only a single news story (made of text + photo + video etc.) and the article parts have primarily a relevance for the layout or are the article parts containing different stories?

      As NewsML-G2 has a basic rule that a news item may contain only a single piece of news this is quite relevant.

      I will follow up your questions if you clarify this.

      Thanks,

      Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@...]

      Web:
      www.iptc.org - on Twitter @IPTC

      Business office address:

      25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom

      Registered in England, company no 101096